Peace Of Mind For Prenatal
Our test provides peace of mind, and can be taken from as early as 10 weeks after conception. Unlike other risky prenatal tests like amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS), the Prenatal Paternity Test is carried out via a standard blood draw technique, the same as you would have if you were having a blood test.
How does it work?
After conception, the baby’s DNA enters the mother’s bloodstream. Once our scientists have obtained a sample of the mother’s blood, they separate the maternal plasma from the rest of the blood.
In this plasma, maternal DNA and cell free foetal DNA can be analysed. Coupled with a sample of blood from the mother, and the alleged father of the unborn child, all samples are analysed using Next Generation Sequencing Technology (NNS).
More than 5000 genetic markers are examined and a unique algorithm works out the similarities between the alleged father’s DNA sample, and the foetal DNA sample.
If the results are greater than 99.9% when compared with random individuals, this indicates that the alleged father is the biological father.
- No requirement to see an obstetrician
- Highly accurate
- Cost effective and less time consuming
The Ordering Process – Simple
Total DNA Services has streamlined the process for the Prenatal Paternity Package, so it’s as easy as;
- Order – Choose your test and order it online
- Pay – Pay for your test and any extras you require
- Sample Collection – When Total DNA Services receives your order, we will send you a list of our recommended Pathology Collection Centres. The sample collection kit will include everything you need, including mouth swabs, vials for blood collection, and full instructions.
- Results – Receive your results in a quick timeframe. (within 10-14 working days of receiving samples)
You can carry out our test as early as the 10th week of pregnancy. To calculate any dates related to your pregnancy, you may use our pregnancy calculator.
Please refer to our terms and conditions for this test.